Head of Movement Building
Grata is building a movement of Australians who believe that the courts can be used as a powerful tool to protect and advance the rights and freedoms of ordinary people.
We're looking for a dynamic campaigner to lead the growth of this critical arm of our work through savvy campaigns that build our movement and deepen the impact of our cases beyond the courtroom.
This is a full time fixed term position for 6 months, with extension based on performance.
Working closely with the Executive Director, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing digital campaign strategies that build the Grata brand and movement.
- Developing, managing and implementing litigation impact campaigns in collaboration with our legal and campaign partners to maximise the impact of supported litigation beyond the courtroom.
- Developing and implementing online campaigns that increase digital fundraising revenue to support Grata's work, including by identifying strong campaign fundraising and lead generation moments and by crafting effective fundraising campaigns around them via email and Facebook advertising.
- Growing Grata’s recurring donations program by progressing existing donors to recurring donors and attracting new donors via recurring donation fundraising campaigns.
- Developing and executing persuasive content and calls to action for email blasts, social media, website.
- Managing and growing Grata’s organic social media reach, website and Nationbuilder database, with the support of student volunteers.
- Refining and continually developing Grata's branding and messaging.
- 2 - 5 years experience developing and implementing movement campaign strategies and digital fundraising campaigns.
- Experience writing high quality copy for a variety of audiences and platforms, including experience writing effective email and Facebook calls to action.
- Familiarity with email/Facebook tracking and analytics.
- Demonstrated high level organisational and planning skills and experience in project management, with the ability to manage a large number of priorities.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and campaign strategy skills.
- A sixth sense for strong campaign moments that will engage our movement.
- Experience working with CRMs with small to medium supporter databases, ideally in Nationbuilder.
Bonus points for:
- Background in Law, Politics, or Media Communications.
- Experience in traditional media communications.
- Photoshop or editing skills.
The person we're looking for is:
- Serious about the impact of their work, but doesn't take themselves too seriously.
Collaborative and compassionate, but can hustle, solve problems creatively and has a laser focus on getting stuff done.
Someone who can see the big picture, but has great attention to detail and is ready to get their hands dirty to build an exciting Australia-first legal and campaign powerhouse.
Only have some of the skills we need, but you’re driven and a fast learner? We look for potential, not just experience, so don’t let that hold you back from getting in touch.
To apply, please send a CV and one page cover letter to email@example.com.